INFOFIRE is a specialized GIS service for the prevention, control and response of Forest Fires, Floods and civil protection management, which is developed entirely by INFODIM and is continuously optimized for the last 12 years.
The service is based on the combined use of a number of advanced technologies (satellite images, detailed maps, specialized algorithms, simulation models, meteorological data and live view from cameras & UAVs – if available), in the area of choice, in order to protect the area from further natural disasters and especially fires, implementing more effective measures for the prevention & monitoring of natural disasters.
INFOFIRE was nominated as the “Best Greek Practice” by the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change (YPEKA) in the field of Early Warning and Fire Protection in 2011 and is included in the 27 “European Good Practices” of the European Forest Control and Prevention Program Information Systems – EFFMIS “.
In a unified, user-friendly environment, it is possible to:
- Creating thematic maps
- Import of all data related to civil protection
- Collect meteorological data
- Create fuel models by entering the appropriate data
- Perform a Risk assessment of the area
- Produce alarms if the appropriate sensors are available
- Produce hazard maps
- Simulate fire and flood
- Optimize visibility zones
- Calculate access time and real-time monitoring of available forces
- Record and assign resources to events
- Event history analysis and categorization
- Disaster assessment
- Export reports
INFOFIRE can be the basis of business planning and contribute to the ability to make rational decisions as well as to actively support the competent Civil Protection Authorities in order to deal with natural disasters.